Effective Date & Last Modified March, 01, 2018.
SUMMARY OF KEY PRINCIPLES
· We typically collect two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you (e.g., full name or phone number); and (b) information that does not personally identify you (e.g., your IP address or type of browser);
· This information is transmitted to, held and processed by us in the United States of America;
· We typically use this information to provide you with our website and related services, and to produce reports and data about online shopping;
· We may disclose this information to authorized third parties including our merchants, advertising and promotional partners and third party service providers for these purposes;
· Through the use of “cookies,” we work with and permit advertising networks to collect anonymous information about you to send you their ads and use the same information to send you our ads (see section III below);
· You may at any time opt-out of certain activities as set out below (see section VI);
· We encrypt any information you input using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software and take reasonable security measures to safeguard information;
· If you register with us, you have the ability to update or correct the information you previously provided via the account section;
· If you have any questions or concerns about privacy at Just4Plastics
· Our websites and our services are not designed or intended for use by children under 13; and
I. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect two kinds of information related to you: (a) Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”); and (b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”).
(a) Personally Identifiable Information: PII includes any information that identifies you as person. We collect your PII when you choose to register with us or when you choose to participate in an interactive feature of our Sites such as a review, survey or promotion. You may: (a) provide your name, mail/shipping address, email address, credit card number and phone number when registering with our Sites or in connection with a contest entry; (b) provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, shopping interests and preferences, etc.) when participating in a survey or poll; or (c) post a general comment and/or recommendation on our Sites.
(b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Non-PII is any information that does not identify you as a person including PII which has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-PII either separately or together with your PII as described above. We collect certain non-PII from you when you access our Sites including IP addresses and information relating to your browser, operating system, ISP, the third party website from which your visit originated and how you use our Sites such as the web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.
PII and Non-PII is used to provide, or improve, our Sites and Services to you and to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, better serve you and understand your needs, or is used in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information.
(1) our third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf in connection with the operation of the Sites or Services e.g., providers who host and manage data, process credit card orders, deliver our merchandise, etc;
(2) participating sponsors to a program or promotion you enter through our Sites or Services;
(3)our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliated companies (“ affiliated companies”) for operational, marketing and promotional purposes;
(4) co-promotional partners and others with whom we have marketing or other relationships ;
(5) participating merchants where you consent at the time you submit PII to us when using the interactive features of our Sites such as surveys and reviews concerning our participating merchants; and
(6) our other users where you choose to publicly post reviews, comments or other information relating to products or services, communicate with other users via public forums (e.g., forums, message boards, bulletin boards, etc.).
In addition, we use non-PII to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities (see “Preference Based Advertising” below). We may use your non-PII by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others to produce research reports and other information and data about online shopping for participating merchants and other customers, as well as media and other interested parties.
III. COOKIES AND PREFERENCE BASED ADVERTISING
(a) Cookies and Web Beacons: We and the third parties we authorize
automatically receive and store certain types of non-PII whenever you interact
with us by using "cookies" and analogous technology.
"Cookies" are small files that are placed on your computer or your
internet browser memory to enable the owner of the cookie to recognize your
browser and to provide convenience and other features to you. So, for example,
our cookies may allow us to show you the past products you have searched for on
our Sites. It is important to note that the
cookies that we use, or permit others to use, do not contain and are not tied
to PII about you.
You may be able to direct your internet browser not to allow cookies and you can typically delete existing cookies from your computer at any time. Please note, however, some elements of our Sites will not function properly or be available to you.
(b) Preference Based Advertising: We also work with and permit certain third parties, including advertising networks and website analysis firms, to place cookies on your computer/browser when you visit our Sites. These third party cookies are used to gather non-PII about your activities on our Sites and third party sites to serve you with advertisements while you are on third party sites (“Third-Party Ads”). If you do not wish to participate in this activity, please click here to opt-out .
IV. SALE OF BUSINESS AND DISCLOSURE BY LAW
(a) Business Transactions: We may disclose PII
and Non-PII held by us : (a) to a prospective seller or actual seller of any business or
assets we acquire; (b) if all or any of
our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case, PII
and Non-PII may be one of the transferred assets.
(b) Required disclosures : We may disclose and use any PII or non-PII if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright and other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Sites, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Sites' s users or the general public.
V. SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We work to protect the security of your information during
transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts
information you input. We also use a secure server hosting location in the US,
firewall protection, controlled access and encryption technology to protect
your data. Please be advised,
however, that while we strive to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee or
warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online
and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure
of your PII. In the unfortunate
event that your personally identifiable information is compromised, we will
notify you by e-mail to the last e-mail address you have provided us as soon as
feasible under the circumstances (delays in notification may occur while we
take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore
reasonable integrity to the system, as well as for the legitimate needs of law
enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation.)
VI. YOUR OPTIONS & OPT-OUTS
(a) What Information Can I Access? If you register as a Just4Plastics member, you will typically have access to an account section that includes the registration information you previously provided which you can update or correct at any time. If there is any inaccurate information that you are not able to correct, just let us know. Also, if you wish, you can delete your membership account entirely although we may retain certain information in limited circumstances – e.g., to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our . Furthermore, some information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical (e.g., information that is stored in our “back-up” systems) and certain legal constraints.
(b) What Choices Do I Have (Opt-Out)? You have many choices regarding how we use information about you, including: (1) To stop our emails, e-mail us [email protected] ; (2) To opt-out of preference-based ads, e-mail us [email protected] ; (3) To stop the sharing of PII with our participating merchants, e-mail us [email protected]; and (4) as discussed above, the choices we offer you anytime you submit information through our Sites or Services.
(c) You May Contact Us With Questions: If you have any questions or concerns about privacy at Just4Plastics, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected].
As neither our Sites nor our Services are intended for use by children under 13, children under 13 may not submit any PII to us. Also, i f you are under 18, you should use Just4Plastics and submit information only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
VII. SOLE STATEMENT